Monday, October 31, 2005

Terrorist Attacks in Delhi

Just letting everyone know that I’m okay. One of the bombings was at Sarojini Nagar Market, which I’ve gone to a few times, and makes it a little scary. I was on the other side of the city at the time of the attacks, however, so all is fine with me and everyone I know.

Tensions are high here in Delhi. The closest analogy I can think of is imagine if three shopping malls in the Washington DC area were bombed two days before Christmas.
There is an increased police presence on the street, although don’t be fooled by those BBC news reports bemoaning the fact that the police are now carrying automatic weapons; they were carrying those before.

Still, the attacks have killed 55 people since I last checked, and injured many more. My thoughts go out to the families of the injured and deceased.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home