Wednesday, January 04, 2006

An opportunity lost

At 4:30 am Frank and I shared a limo from the party back to the strip with some folks from Rock star games, famous for such feel good video game titles as “Grand Theft Auto.” All in all we shared a tired ride together with very little of substance being discussed.

If I had thought about it though, I would have said something like this. The trick would have been to keep a straight face:

“You guys make video games, huh? I don’t know much about that, but I’ve got a few ideas for games I’d like to run by you. One game is about a pair of plucky Italian brothers who are plumbers. They fight their way through a sewer system to defeat evil, manifested in the form of mushrooms, turtles and other sewer denizens. They’ll have the ability to kick turtle shells to deadly effect, and will eat mushrooms to grow bigger and smaller.
I haven’t fleshed it out yet, but my favorite idea is for a player vs player simulation of table tennis. Each side would have a “paddle” that could slide back and forth on the top and bottom of the screen, bouncing a ball between them. It could be played on-line over the internet. I’ve been thinking a good name might be “ping,” it would be an instant classic…”


Opportunities like this only come along a few times in lifetime, and I fear I bungled this one. I’ll try to do better next time around.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

har har. what a clown.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home