Friday, November 25, 2005

The Taj





I went to Agra and saw the Taj Mahal. As a tourist in India you're pretty much expected to go at some point. To be honest when I read Rabindranath Tagore's claim that the Taj is "tear drop on the face of eternity," I prepared myself for disappointment; its almost impossible for anything real to live up to statements like that.

In actuality, the Taj was a little overhyped, but not as bad as I'd feared. Its kinda like a supermodel in a kiddie pool--very photogenic, but none too deep.

So, go in the morning when the light is best and crowds aren't bad. Take few pictures, and move on. If you have time, your ticket from the Taj will also get you into Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri, so go see them too.

Here are some of the better photos I took.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home